Looking for that great place to find estate sales, auctions, and yard sales? EstateSales.Net lists all of the local estate sales in the Washington, DC Region. Enjoy!!
Discussion Series on X-Urban Living in the DC Area.
I started discussing a few months ago the issue of City Dwellers by heart, living in Virginia, who love DC, but didn’t want to live downtown. This idea of x-urban living is similar to the concept of walkability . A valuable tool for reviewing property amenities regarding access to local area public transportation, shopping, civic centers, eating establishments, & entertainment is the Walk Score® site (www.walkscore.com) Below, is an excerpt from their website:
What makes a neighborhood walkable?
- A center: Walkable neighborhoods have a center, whether it’s a main street or a public space.
- People: Enough people for businesses to flourish and for public transit to run frequently.
- Mixed income, mixed use: Affordable housing located near businesses.
- Parks and public space: Plenty of public places to gather and play.
- Pedestrian design: Buildings are close to the street, parking lots are relegated to the back.
- Schools and workplaces: Close enough that most residents can walk from their homes.
- Complete streets: Streets designed for bicyclists, pedestrians, and transit.
When you visit their website, you can plug-in a specific address or a more generalized location (such as a shopping center)…the result is a score based on the criteria above. Also included are tabs to local restaurants, amenities, and transportation links. It is a wonderful resource!! check it out!
Below is the results of a search for Falls Church City, using the location of the Four Provinces Resturant…..This location has a score of 91, a Walker’s Paradise!